Growing up my number one prayer was “God help me love you more”… I say growing up… but I mean until just a couple of years ago.
In my experience it is the number 1 prayer of most people I meet.
But the truth is it’s evidence that we are focusing on the wrong thing. Our love for God.
If we focused on His love for us then we would love God with everything we can… our issue is we are focused on us and not on God.
How to listen
- You can listen to this podcast using the player at the top of this post – just hit play.
- There is also a download button you can press to download the mp3 to your computer or MP3 player.
- If you want to subscribe to the podcast you can do so on iTunes here
I’m back from New England for two weeks
My next two trips are:
- Alabama/Tennessee – 6th-18th Nov
- Sale, UK – 24-28th Nov
Details of these and other upcoming trips can be found on my itinerary
I’m booking up 2014 fast, if you are interested in having me come speak to your church, fellowship, ministry, ministry school in 2014 please contact me soon!
Stop Trying To Love God & Let God Love You
In today’s podcast I talk about:
- Why so many believers struggle to love God more
- Why Jesus said “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength
- How trying to love God effects your ability to serve God
- How trying to love God effects your ability to hear God
- How trying to love God effects your ability to approach God
- How trying to love God effects your ability produce the fruit of the Spirit
- What you should do as a believer to grow in your love for God
Be featured on the next podcast
There were no questions asked this week so there is no questions segment but this podcast is pretty packed so it’s all worked out well.
Next week’s podcast I’m going to be looking at the purpose of the law and how believers are not under the law.
If you want to leave a question for me then please do leave a comment below!
Want to help me out?
It would bless me so much if you like this podcast if you could subscribe to it in iTunes and leave a review. This helps more people find the podcast and connect with a good God.
If you have any questions about today’s topic please do leave them below.
Additionally I’d love to ask you a question.
What can you practically do today to focus on God’s love for you more than your love for God?
Please do share your thoughts in the comments below.
Intro/Extro Music used with permission from St. Theodore