Last Saturday evening I spent the evening with a running club who described themselves as a “drinking club with a running problem”.
I have to say, I don’t really drink and I’m not a great runner either! So I wasn’t sure what to expect!
What I found was that my wife and I had a great time and I was reminded of some important things as well… things I want to share with you all in this week’s podcast.
How to listen
- You can listen to this podcast using the player at the top of this post – just hit play.
- There is also a download button you can press to download the mp3 to your computer or MP3 player.
- If you want to subscribe to the podcast you can do so on iTunes here
My Evening Drinking & Singing Vulgar Songs
In today’s podcast I share a story of how I spent my Saturday night at a “running club” and some of the things I took away from the evening. In the podcast I’ll cover:
1) The events of Saturday night (don’t worry, it’s not as bad as it sounds… kind of)
2) Why “avoiding the appearance of evil” is one of the biggest problems in the church today.
3) Why we need to evaluate how we do day-to-day life if we spend more time in “church” activities than with unbelievers.
And much more!
Want to help me out?
It would bless me so much if you like this podcast if you could subscribe to it in iTunes and leave a review. This helps more people find the podcast and connect with a good God.
I’m presently in the Middle East where Sarah and I are enjoying some down time with her family.
I’ll be back in Ireland in two days though and I’m looking forward to a weekend of fun January 16-20th where I’ll be doing a women’s evening in Brackley followed by a men’s weekend away in Shaftesbury. I’ll be wrapping up the weekend in Bromley in London on the Sunday night so if you are in the south of England I’d encourage you to check out my itinerary! Which you can find at www.phildrysdale.com/itinerary
Additionally I’ve been putting together my 2014 schedule recently, I will be travelling a little less this year and much of my year is booked up already! If you are interested in having me speak at your church, fellowship or ministry school please do contact me as soon as possible using my contact page!
As I said in the podcast. I’d love to hear from you.
What does your day-to-day life look like?
Did some of the stuff I talked about in the podcast challenge you? If so what will you do about it?
Or maybe you already spend a lot of time in “the world”. If so I’d love to hear your experiences and maybe some insights you might have for those who are ready to make some changes in their lives.
Leave a comment below.
Intro/Extro Music used with permission from St. Theodore